I’m always on the look out for new recipes. It has to be quick and easy. Even better If you already have all the ingredients at home. That’s why when I came across this recipe for Sweet Pickles at Three Quarters Today I thought I’d give it a whirl. You might be lucky to have your own garden, but since I don’t, I used the cucumbers I had in the crisper, they were perfect. You can make these on Friday and take them to your family picnic on Sunday.
- slice 8 small cucumbers & 1 medium onions to fill Jar
- Boil 3 cups of sugar with 3 cups of vinegar till sugar dissolves
- add 1.5 Tbsp salt to hot brine
- Pack jar with cucumbers and onion
- Top with garlic to your taste
- add approx 1 Tbsp pepper corns (or To Taste)
- Seal and refrigerate 24 hours
- Can Store refrigerated for up to 3 months
I used a 1600 ml Jar and 1.5 times the original recipe (for 2 quart jars see linked recipe above)
They’re delicious and crunchy. I’m enjoying them on the side of just about everything, a tastey and sweet treat. Gotcha! Did you think I was IN a bit of a pickle?
Are you making provisions from your garden?